06-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #27
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiFury View Post
You people are so self-aggrandizingly delusional. BMW's core business is sports cars? Get a clue, BMW's core business is selling badged cars to wealthy housewives.

The fact that BMW uses that money to PAY to research cars like the M3 is something you should all be thankful for. You all bitch and moan all day about how BMW is losing its way, yet the most recent M3 by all practical measurements has been considered the greatest affordable sports car ever made. The Z4S is basically as M as a Z4 needs to be and its a hard top so who needs a coupe?!

The X6 did not kill BMW, it made them lots of money, as did the X5 before that when everyone was crying that BMW's SAV will ruin the name.

The fact is, BMW right now makes the greatest cars their company has even seen, and they are getting even better and more diverse.
Look at who is being delusional.

What are these practical measurements and who crowned it the best? You, recognizing it's miserly 20MPG Combined, the lack of weight and also the fact that it is not based on a family saloon?

Technically, they make the best performing, best packaged and most efficient cars now as is the way with technological advances but blindly claiming that all progress is good is rubbish, full stop.

Finally, if the M3 was a loss making venture and it does cannibalize profits from other models, as you so claim, BMW would not make it. Stop being a twat and think of what you write.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0