12-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #15
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
If you do lean towards getting the ventilated seats, make sure and thoroughly try them out first because many have said that the seats don't ventilate very well at all. Some have said if they knew that ahead of time, they would have went with the standard sport seat. Also get more color choices that way.
Understood. I have the ventilated seats in my F15 X5 and I get what folks tend to say about them being a little lacking. The way they work is quite subtle, so if you turn them on and expect to be blasted out of it with cool air, you are going to be disappointed. I think of them more as a body heat sink. They will not actively cool you, but they do a decent job of removing excess heat so you don't sweat. I was living in AZ when I specced my X5 so they were a must for those 110 degree summers. Again, the effect was nothing like A/C, but they definitely kept the sweat at bay.

Somehow I feel like if they were channelling an actively cooled airstream it might not be good for you for anything more than short blasts. I'm not a doctor, but I remember reading something like that back when I was researching the feature in various cars before I bought the X5. As they are implemented in BMWs, you can leave it on all the time and emerge without having to blow dry your shirt

Now that I'm living in the Seattle area, summer heat is less of a concern so I suspect I will choose bolsters over ventilation if I end up in the X3.
Appreciate 0