Thread: X3/evoque/glc
View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 04:48 AM   #27
MediaMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0dM, Phytonic Blue

Has JLR sorted the DPF issue on the new Evoke? On diesel models because the engine was transverse, with no space near engine for the DPF, it is downstream in the exhaust and there have been reports of it not getting hot enough to regenerate. So the engine gets injected with extra diesel to force a DPF re-gen but the diesel can and does sink down the bores into the sump. The result has been oil changes at 5k miles - lots on Honest John website.

This problem is not so prevalent on the F Pace as engine is longitudinal, but with reports of so many electrical and other issues on a £50k Evoke, I felt quality control and other detail was lacking. May have been addressed now. I was also concerned that some JLR dealers were dismissing owner problems as 'characteristics of the car'. All in all it was disappointing as I am a former Jaguar employee (30 years back), so current purchase schemes don't benefit me.

While initially I was after an F Pace and also test drove an E Pace (no opening sun roof but v nice), F Pace (2.0 which was good) and Evoke, the latter I found dated inside and it felt stodgy driving. Not a fan of the rotary gear selector either. Is the new one much better? Hated Merc's as too blingy inside.

The X3 wasn't even on the radar until I saw an ad for one in the dealer in Phytonic blue and thought, looks nice, why not? A test drive convinced me it was superior to an LR or Jag. 3 months and 2,500 miles on, no regrets - yet.

Good luck with the search.
Appreciate 0