06-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #89
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbenji View Post
No - at least not in NY. I drove the X3MC on Saturday and the nav was programmed to take you on an approximately 4 mile drive (on public roads).

I only had about 15 minutes with the car and wasn't really able to put it through its paces. My impressions were:

1 - The new M seats are the highlight of the show. They were extremely comfortable and supportive. A huge step up from my 2017 X4 M40i seats.

2 - I did notice the turbo lag other people have mentioned, but only from a standstill. If you're moving, the car has tons of power.

3 - Note that the launch control is activated a bit differently than in some other models. You need to hold the brake and throttle down longer in order to allow the turbos to build psi. If you don't do this, it definitely feels slow off the line. However, if you wait that extra 2 seconds before stepping off the brake, it will put your head back for sure.

All in all, I wasn't quite as blown away as I thought I'd be. Having said that, my lease is up and six months and I'm 90% sure i'll buy the X4MC.
Thank you - I attended their last two events and was autocrossing so I guess I blankly assumed this was similar, and got a little too excited thinking I was going to run the M2 / M5 through its paces. n/m.
Appreciate 0