10-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #351
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarivers View Post
I did the update to NA 2018-1 last night. It worked a treat. A couple of notes that will be helpful to those doing this the first time:

- once you have the files extracted from the .rar download on your PC, be sure to copy the files within the folder that the extraction creates to the USB thumb drive, rather than the folder with the files in it
- once the new files are loaded to the vehicle (as indicated by the progress bar showing "100%") the progress bar screen will appear for several minutes, if you power cycle the vehicle the navigation start screen will appear for several minutes, in the background the navigation system is updating files so you have to be patient and you will eventually see "navigation update successful"r

happy motoring!
Not sure what you did, but I always leave the ignition in the ON setting, and plug a battery charger in. Otherwise, if you just start the update, and walk away, the car shuts itself off after like 5 minutes, and then you have to come back to wake it up, for the update to continue again.
Appreciate 0