03-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #558
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Sometimes a few days rest is a good thing! Eat rest come back strongz!!!!!

Example....I took weekend off, also due to long work hours. Went to gym today and BAM....BS 3 rep PR 400#!!!! I also slept like shit...lol. Makes no sense.
Nice! You are getting into that area where you step back, and you feel the bar start to give a little!

I was back in this morning although I didn't want to go. Alarm went off at 3:30 and startled me. Usually I wake up about 10 minutes before it goes off.

Programming had me doing Bench today as my 1st exercise. 7 sets of 315 @ 3 reps. Then AMARAP on my last set with 275. I like these sets. The first 2-3 sets feel hard and awkward, and the last sets feel like you finally hit the groove and you feel strong and controlled. Each set was followed by face pulls.

Incline Bench was the 2nd exercise with EMOM sets. 225lbs and 1 minute rest periods. I think I got 6 sets before my reps dropped off below 5 and I ended the series.

Ended up with some light triceps work...mainly just stretching the Long Head with a kind of pull-over/skull crusher combo type of exercise. You can feel it pull all the way up into your armpits.