Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I don't have a gym buddy so she is my gym buddy on the weeks that she doesn't have her kids. On the weeks that she does have her kids, I have to rush home, rush to the gym, then rush to her house, then back to my house to get some sleep before work. On the weeks that her kids aren't home she stays with me, but her lack of communication with me leaves me sitting around waiting on her for 3 hours then cutting workouts short. I can't be her gym "teacher" as I'm trying to build lean muscle and she just kinda lingers around the strength training machines. I've tried to get her to do free weights with me but she isn't interested.

If we do cardio at the same time, she's done after 20-30 minutes. I can go for an hour or more.
big oof
(kind of related: hella advise starting strength if you don't have a routine set in stone)
anyway ~ maybe set a goal? like, is she coming with you to get a workout in or to have an eye on you so that you don't drift away to gym bunnies? (don't take this the wrong way i dont know her/you that well)

if im being completely honest though, i hate rushing. that alone is a major no-no for me.
and there's this: lifestyle choices in general. i recall, i think it was you, you mentioning that she wasn't living the healthiest or the most organized, maybe gently remind her that at the end of the day both of you are 30 something at least and that a proper work out can yield better health in the longer term

edit: do NOT make this an ultimatum, i feel like you already know this, but don't be like "either do your workouts properly or xyz" because there's a 99% chance that'll backfire
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00