Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
Hey Bubba- Here are answers to your questions:

1. Was remote start a special order option? OPTIONAL
2. Same question for active cruise control- OPTIONAL
3. Like all BMWs, the passenger mirror shows a good view of the tire track when in reverse - how do I adjust that? TILT DOWN FEATURE CANNOT BE TURNED OFF TO MY KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT CODING
4. How to get driver presets to change when I enter the car? Wife and I have separate keys, driving positions, etc. RE-PROGRAM BOTH FOB’s
5. Is using the dealer Genius a warranty resource, or pay as you go? A BMW GENIUS REFERS TO A BMW EXPERT WHO SERVES AS A RESOURCE FOR OWNER MANUAL TYPE INFORMATION, BMW SERVICE HANDLES WARRANTY RELATED DETAIL, YOUR 2020 SHOULD STILL BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY…IF NOT PAY AS YOU GO
Remote start is only available on 2022+. I think they were asking about a 2020 vehicle.

As for the passenger mirror, I do not know for sure, but while it is tilted down, try adjusting the position. It may save that position for future tilts. That is how it has worked for me in other vehicles but I have not tried it in the X3. If you do not want it to tilt, just move the mirror switch to the passenger position as I believe it will only tilt when set to the driver position.