Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X6MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftHalf View Post
Hi all! New Member here

Just picked up my nearly new 2021 BMW X3M Competition in Donnington Grey this weekend, it had less than 1000 miles and I watched the trip go over 1000 miles in my first 2 hours of driving, a pretty special moment!

This is my first BMW and first 'M' car, I'm a huge performance car fan, coming from an Audi S3. As you can imagine, this is a massive step up in both performance, luxury and size, but I am embracing it fully and it's going to be great on a practicality level for our family. I did actually have the brand new Audi 8Y RS3 on order but due to astronomical wait times I cancelled it and moved the deposit over to my X3M.

I'm feeling so aware of how much potential the car has, it feels almost limitless, slightly intimidating in a way, the handling, the power, the customisability of drive modes, it really is set up so you can make it yours in all respects. Did anyone else feel this way? I feel huge respect for the engineering.

My question for you seasoned X3M owners, what advice would you have for us new X3M owners, what would you wish you'd done in the first few months of ownership? What drive modes/combos to explore and any other things that really got you falling in love with this machine? Interested to hear your thoughts!

Also quick question if I may... my car has 1040 miles now, the onboard computer says the dealer carried out a service at 980 miles, should I still get a service done at 1200? I'm quite conscious that it's still not fully broken in yet despite being a few miles short of that milestone. What's your advice please? I'm not sure how "thorough" the pre delivery service would be if they just wanted to get the car sold. The salesman told me I don't need a service for another year or 15000 miles but not sure how I feel about that. I've spent a lot of money on this car and if I have to shell out a few hundred quid for a service I'm more than happy to.

Thanks and happy driving
SwiftHalf
If you have a smile on your face every time you drive this "M" of yours, you are driving the way it should be.

Enjoy it and let it really "run"..... "M" car needs to run....
Appreciate 1