09-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #17
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispeed4fun View Post
Really interesting responses here. So right now i am about to order an X3 M40 and have already negotiated a deal at about 10% off msrp. Its a lease and i can afford it no problem. Also want to say i have driven the M40 3 times and absolutely love it. I currently have a 335 GT with MPPk and this is a perfect transition. But because i like to mess with myself i got to thinking that maybe i lease a lower end car like a cx5 or crv and add an M240 into the mix. I haven't priced either of those cars out but got a rough idea that both of those would come close to the cost of the X3M40. Then i think that the times i end up driving the crv im gonna wish i had an extra 200 hp to go around that schmuck hogging the left lane. As im writing this i just thought what about an outback?
I have an M240i for work (two actually!) and they are lots of fun, but if I had a “boring” normal car I know I’d get annoyed that in certain situations I’d be in the wrong car.
If you can afford to have the X3 M40i as your normal car and a Viper or GT3 or something for high days and holidays, that’s great! But having owned some truly dull daily drivers I don’t want to go back to those days. I’d rather have an old 540i than a new base model Kia.

But... we’re all different, right?
Appreciate 0