05-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #46
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif20 View Post
Here in Ontario it's a felony to go 50+ kph over the speed limit, which is 100kmh (60) tops everywhere. The accepted cruising speed here in ontario is 120kph, and you'll never get a ticket for doing 15 over or so (70mph).

I've been driving a lot here lately for work and notice that on the 400 series highways (401, 400) there will usually be plenty of people pushing over 130kph and often at least 1 person who blows by that pack at speeds of 140 or greater. Those are both very busy highways with known spots for police to camp so the risk level is crazy to me. I usually set my cruise at 115-120 kph to avoid this risk of getting ticketed.

My preferred speeding 'outlet' is when I see a big hill - i'll blast towards it and then let the grade slow me down. Only if there's good visibility (daytime), and only when there's no other cars around. I think there's still risk involved with this but I'm giving myself the best chance of getting away with it in this case. The E90 is too fun to not push a little.
The only two times I pushed mine was on a 2 lane rural road with a 65 mph speed limit and a vehicle pulling a trailer up a steep hill where there was a passing lane. I stepped on it but did slow down on the hill as I blew by the vehicle.
Appreciate 0