View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 11:52 AM   #206
porkipine69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
From my experience, BMW doesn't make it easy for the owner to get this paint issue recognized as a warranty item. I've had to forcibly follow up and cajole my SA to get the ball rolling and follow through on getting BMW to recognize the paint issue and finally approve a paint correction.

The following is a quick summary of what I had to go through to get BMW approval to repaint my bumper and rear spoiler.

- Shop Foreman review and validated paint issue
- Regional BMW rep review and validated paint issue
- BMW Engineer review and validated paint issue

Current process has BMW needing validation from the Regional Rep and a BMW Engineer; the shop foreman can look at it and agree but that won't really do squat.

As far as being told to go take refer to your selling dealer to get the paint issue addressed, I'd say that's utter bullshit. There are 2 dealers in my area. (I purchased my vehicle from dealer located farther away; the dealer that looked at the paint issue and ended processing the paint issue claim was the other dealer) the rep you dealt with is either misinformed or lazy.

It definitely sucks having to jump through hoops just to get this issue recognized given that this issue is BMW's fault not the owners'.

Expect having to visit the dealer multiple times to get this looked at. Also, Regional Reps and BMW Engineers are not readily onsite to look at your vehicle; from what I've been told they visit once a month so you'll have to work your schedule to catch them.

PiTA yes it is. Good Luck
Thanks. Does anyone here have anything on paper or email that references this problem? maybe paper work/receipt or something. I want to go in with guns blazing to the Seattle Area dealer with all the ammunition I can or can I just reference this thread at the dealer?
Appreciate 0