Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
Really like these! I am curious to understand why they are only just being delivered though and are without BMWs new full digital dash? Seems like an oversight when the Z4 reviews are also just coming out?
I must be in minority here but the digital dash is something that has like 3 years life span. After that new better screens will come out, new configs, etc. I really wouldnt care if a car had a normal analogue gauge, some car companies like Audi made a damn good effort on those and even BMW was keeping up though not as much. Crisp fonts, nice dancing needles. Look at the early digital gauges on the F1x 5 series. They are abysmal. Low res too. And the designs - they have some edgy 2020 design, but in 2 years something new comes along and this Aventador style is out. Oops. Your car looks old, upgrade.

I feel that many want a digital dash like the Audi virtual cockpit on BMW for bragging rights. In reality, I rarely ever look at the gauges because I have HUD. To me all the key info should go on HUD, and rest can be on some centre screen, Model 3 style. Thats the way to go, not this complicated dash with lots of lights on it that you just wanna switch off after a while. This opinion is after driving Audi with its virtual cockpit.

As for X4 - a pointless pointless car. Its like a car you buy for your 27 year old daughter.