06-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #34
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
He gets a pass. He'll have the same respect towards my car as I do towards his. Neither of us want to hit our own car into another car.
Exactly. It's not the people with nice cars that they care about who are just wantonly flinging their doors open with zero conscious awareness of the world around them.

I have gotten three memorable door dings.

1.) Euro delivery 2011 335i M-Sport, wonderful trip, 2nd to last day I am parked off to the side in a crowded hotel lot in Interlaken, I walk out to not a ding but a full size crease in the door. Someone just fucking flung their door like the Juggernaut into my brand-new 335i with 500 miles on it, and took off. Shitty.

2.) Parking garage at work, parked in a remote area, against the wall, with, I shit you not, 12 open spots next to me. I counted. 12 open spots. I come out from work and there is a Jetta CRAMMED up against my car, with 11 open spots next to it, and a door ding on my passenger side, and no note. I carefully checked that their door lined up with the ding, then took out my pocket knife, and 100% fucked up their driver side door. No regrets.

3.) Weekend parking lot in an office park, some lady crams in right next to me, again, in a completely empty lot, and leaves a HUGE ding in my brand new GT350 with 400 miles on it. She left her Accord unlocked, I opened the door to align with the ding, perfect fit no question. Backed my car out of the spot, left it idling, then bashed her driver's side mirror off and uppercutted her drivers side door. Mmmmm satisfying. I should have pissed in her car.

I have had my doors dinged and petty damage done to my car so many times, that when I've been able to catch the people responsible, it's like instant Viking bloodlust revenge-mode time. Fuck anyone who is so unaware of the world that they go around damaging other peoples' shit carelessly, they deserve everything that they get.