View Single Post
      08-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
IndustryStandard
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

AVIN 12.3 install........what have I done????

Well, that wasn't great ......

Just installed the Avin snapdragon 12.3inch into my 2012 F25 CIC basic ( no NAV / No bluetooth / 6.5inch screen) which has been a monumental disaster. Zero help from "customer support". Just some AI automated response with generic links and "work it out for yourself" feedback.

At the moment here are all the issues

- No sound. Ive flipped the green fibre optic cable as instructed, switched over the aux and routed into my glovebox. I tested with a small portable speaker and the cable works, just that my CIC head unit isnt doing anything

-No OEM Idrive display. Initially I could see the landing page but my idrive controller wouldnt move around the options. Then it disappeared totally. I tried inserting a CD to see if that would play. Nothing. No PDC. Zilch. Strangely the Idrive controller works for the Android unit and the Mode button on the CIC changes the Avin unit too.

-I can hear the fan on the head unit so that appears not to have been blown up by the Avin unit, but the fact my inserted audio CD wont eject worries me

-No help at all from Customer support regarding (a) what vehicle to select (no F25 CIC option)in the factory options section (b) no help regarding what CAN Bus to select (old/new/v1/V2). Ive tried going through some combinations but no luck so far.

-Long press volume button or eject/power button does nothing

Think they are the main issues. The fact PDC is now inoperable worries me, as its my wife's car and she relies on that a lot.

Any ideas/pointers/similar issues/lessons learnt would be much appreciated.

Many thx
Appreciate 0