Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
It's not about the badge specifically. But I think most of us want a car that's special, and part of having a special car is one that looks special. Or more importantly, one that looks different. Something that sets it apart from the mundane wallpaper paste grocery getters. I like almost everything about the lci, including the taillights. But the one thing that's giving me hesitation is the bumpers, both front and rear. I don't hate them like I hated the g8x front end when I first seen it, but I don't love them either. I think my biggest hang up is the fact that there's no differentiator between the regular X3 models with the msport pkg and the M. For me it has less to do with an outsider confusing my car with a regular X3, I don't really care too much about what others think about me or my car. It's more about me knowing that my car (if I got an lci) isn't visually different and therefore maybe a bit less special.
It's a slap in the face to m loyalists.
I get the outrage, I don't like the fact that the cues are really similar now.

But let's face it, this is an SUV. An SUV M car… not sure if you can call it the car for the M loyalists.
Yeah that argument would have held up in 2010 but not in present time. Not when the X3MC would best 9 out of 10 sports cars on the track and out accelerates the Lamborghini Urus.
Appreciate 3