View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #24
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
To that specific point I just test drove an X3MC this past weekend and was a passenger as well. It's not what I expected at all. Felt the weight a lot. Acceleration was good, but not what I expected from all the numbers being put out there. Transmission was good, but I was expecting better (dct fanboi). Exhaust was great and very loud (I liked it). As a driver it was a very comfy ride for me, but as a passenger I can see where those complaints of stiffness come in to play. I had this car on my radar once it was more affordable for myself, but I've completely changed my mind. Decided to go the M2C route and enjoy the driving experience a bit more. To circle back I don't think there's a real customer for this car without sacrificing something you want in an M vehicle. Just my $0.02.
I think I know who the real customer is for this thing. It's the guy who already has a legitimate M-car (or 911, or whatever else is more sports-car), lives in the snow belt where said "real M-car" isn't at all usable in the winter, and/or needs another car that can haul people or goods. The X3M is all of those things to me. I moved back to the midwest and it's an attempt to somewhat enjoy driving something in the winter, BUT it is not a replacement for my M3.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 6
AlexFL7838.00
Razel141.00
rjd5981769.50
Germanauto9717.50