SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
I was being sarcastic. I know my M40i is awesome, and I really don’t care that I was denied membership to this “prestigious” (that’s me being sarcastic again) club!
A few years ago there was an "exclusive" online ///M club which I believe was based in Germany and may even have been unofficially supported by BMW. Joining the group was done by filling out a web form which required you to input your VIN.

I have a 2006 Z4 M Roadster and when I applied for membership with my VIN, which starts with "5UM" (because it was made in Spartanburg, SC, not in Germany), the web form didn't allow that VIN saying that it was not a valid M VIN, because it didn't start with "WBS", which all German-made M cars start with. I e-mailed the group based on their Contact Us info and wanted to know what the deal was, saying that I indeed did have a ///M car, but I never got a reply.

A few years later, I bought a 2016 M4 and was granted membership by virtue of the fact that I now had a "real" ///M car, made in Germany (apparently where only "real" ///M cars are built). I listed my M Roadster in my "garage" on that site.

Appreciate 0