View Single Post
      04-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #16
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozumasbullitt View Post
Not sure why everyone is high on the Model Y Performance straight line speed when the X3MC is faster from a stop. There is a video of a reviewer stripping out parts on the Y to drop weight, with a full charge and his 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were slower than C&Ds X3MC times.

I get the Y Performance from rolling speeds will have that instant torque pull but from a pure performance standpoint, it's slower 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile and has a lower trap speed.
I'd guess 9/10 times you line up a stock x3m it will lose in the straightline to 100. If you want everyday consistent straightline performance it's just better in an EV vs the x3m. The lag from the start even with launch control is rarely overcome on the street. Plus who wants to Rev the engine driving around to get the numbers published in magazines. On the street vs track it wouldn't be a very close race to 80 or so.

Now if you plan to tune and enjoy track days then it's a different story; which I'm guessing is 1/2 the crowd here. I've got an Audi rs3 tuned with e85. Plenty fast, but if they ever get around to adding a ludicrous mode model 3 or Y I'd consider it. Going 130 in the 1/4 mile isn't all that useful in Illinois and just like the x3m, if you don't use launch control it's really not all that quick