View Single Post
      04-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #14
SmogTM
Rep
Drives: '21 X3M Competition

I had a 2019 Model 3 Performance that I bought coming from a 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. That straight line insane performance got me. But that gets old quickly and you start to realize a lot of things are missing from the Tesla. For me the most important was the quality - it was nowhere near the level of an Audi, BMW, Mercedes - hell even a Honda, Mazda or any other mid range car. I found myself constantly buying things to make it better - got door seal kits, matte console wrap, inserts for the armrest compartment, replaced interior lights to blue etc. Things that I would have never thought to do in my prior cars. The other aspect was the lack of sound - it felt so sterile and no fun. I was planning on keeping the tesla for at least 6 years. Well, managed to keep it for 1 and couldn't wait to get my X3M Competition. Don't get me wrong, Tesla is great for anyone who doesn't care about driving feel and doesn't mind the spartan interior, but it was just not for me. Once all the cars are electric we will have much better pool to chose from, plus hopefully the new 3/Y generation will get a redesigned interior and much better fit and finish.
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23688.50