Tjcf14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjcf14 View Post
Is there a way to decode the speed limit info on the HUD without losing navigation instructions and other data?
I have done this using E-Sys. I think you will need to use BimmerCode expert mode. Go to DKOMBI2 / 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration. Change HUD_SPEED_LIMIT_ENABLE from 'aktiv [01]' to 'nicht_aktiv [00]'.

The speed limit will disappear from the HUD, while actual speed, navigation, warnings, audio track selection, and all other stuff will continue to be shown (unless you uncheck 'Entertainment/Telephone' and 'Check Control messages' in iDrive). The coding, however, has one side effect. The 'Speed limit exceeded' option in iDrive can no longer be checked. The HUD will show your current speed in white, even if you are exceeding the speed limit. I was not able to figure out a way to hide the speed limit info from HUD without also necessarily deactivating the speed limit exceeded function. I don't particularly care as I never used that function anyway.

The 'Speed limit exceeded' function in the instrument cluster is unaffected by the above coding. You can still have part of the dial above the speed limit show in red if you want to. (I disabled it as I find it also annoying.)
Thanks. Will try this out.
Appreciate 0