Blueevo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 xdrive 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Must_Go_FASTER View Post
Just do it....

Just kidding (but I'm not...).

Sorry, just think of me as the devil on your shoulder lol. I just installed the JB4 yesterday on my M40i and it's totally worth it to me. I have a MY21 so no true tuning options, unless I'm willing to ship my ECU to Russia... so no options. I'm not willing to wait years for the warranty to expire, just so I can enjoy my vehicle even more.

If your dealer finds it, chances are your warranty is toast. Maybe if you have a really cool service department, they won't report it. But if you do have a warranty claim and BMW wants the logs, it'll show that the engine is working outside of stock parameters.

It all comes down to personal preference on how much risk you're willing to assume. Chances are in your favor that your engine will be perfectly fine, but if you tend to be nervous or anxious about such things, then wait until your warranty is up. Even if you wait until your warranty is up, your engine can still blow at 1 mile over and you're on the hook.

If you do end up wanting to order one, I will say that their shipping is VERY fast. The fit and finish is top notch, very heavy duty aluminum shell to protect the chip and the wiring/connectors look OEM quality. Their installation instructions are super easy to follow and installation is extremely easy. The most difficult connection is the wastegate connection, which is between the air box and the engine (which you don't have to hook up). Getting through the firewall is a breeze, you don't even have to unhook the panel underneath the steering wheel either. It amazes me that people actually complain about the extra step it takes to do that with the JB4 vs the Racechip.

If I were you, I'd spring for the Bluetooth option so you can adjust with your smartphone. Their app is pretty good and it shows you real time readings, with the ability to change the MAP on-the-fly. The app does cost $27 USD, which they don't mention on the product page, but when you're already $650-700 deep...

You could always pay a bit extra for a Racechip that is inferior to the JB4, but does include up to $10,000 in engine warranty coverage.

Best of luck to you on your decision.

You know what to do....
Where did you feed the cables through. I'm having a difficult time here. Thanks
Appreciate 0