View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 01:15 PM   #24
monkeyboy9
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tec1ra View Post
I had the update done on my 2017 X3 28i, it wiped what little I had done, lifetime FSC and CarPlay. It did cause Navigation to go into a boot loop, fortunately the patch I received for the FSC codes still worked and that solved the map problem. The update also allowed the patch to take my partial screen CarPlay to full screen. I'll take that little nicety all day.
I just got mine back (same car). Note: they said they needed to keep it overnight..and I've read this on other forums. This update can brick the car and they want to keep it overnight so that if they screw up, they have time to fix it.

FYI, on my paperwork, it said they tried it 4-5 times before it worked.

It also wiped out my Carplay and all other settings. I asked about it and they went as far to say that my car "isn't capable of carplay". The good thing is that their software update didn't wipe out the firmware update that was done to enable the firmware base needed to allow Carplay. The original work was done by easybimmercoding but via the old remote process. I didn't have the FSC code from that so, it did cost me just a little to get the code to do it myself this time. All good now.

Be warned....
Appreciate 0