View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 09:18 PM   #356
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 m50i, IX 50, Rivian R1S

Hey all,

Currently in an X5 M50i that is fully loaded with the dynamic handling package. Really love the car but due to lack of mass transit options in NYC by me, I will soon be driving into work at least 3x a week. Haven't already been going 1x a week with the x5, I've got to say the large size isn't the best when it comes to the parking garages and visibility with tunnel traffic. Also the start/stopping of the tunnel traffic (and not wanting to let other cars endlessly creep into my lane) has been somewhat of a chore with the heaviness of the vehicle.

Currently have a Tesla Model Y performance on order given the smaller size, gas savings, sentry mode etc. That said my order just got delayed until end of March. Meanwhile looks like I can order an X3/4M and have it ready in the same time. Clearly the proposition is different than the Tesla but it will have been handling and a more luxurious experience (although from what i've seen in the showrooms, perhaps a step down from my x5 as there is no merino leather option I think).

I have not test driven the X3M but recall reading many reviews that complained about the harsh suspension of the original version (which is why I went x5 m50i). That said, the Tesla MYP has a really unrefined and harsh suspension as well. Prices are clearly very different but I wouldn't mind throwing the X3m back into the short list.

My question to you guys, has there been any change in the LCI suspension or have the changes all been cosmetic? For example, I've heard MB really softened the suspension of the E63 (if one could even get one) when they did the facelift.

In addition, any thoughts on heavy stop/start traffic experience? Not fun? Am I kidding myself and really for a daily driver, should I just get an expendable x3 m40i?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0