View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
I think it looks cleaner without the rails, the argument against it would be less utility etc but if you never plan on adding a roof rack anyway it seems moot.

That's odd you can't modify the build to remove that option code in the states, no issues here in Canada.
Thanks for sharing your image, 2kaccordocoupe - was hoping some of you without rails would post some views.

I agree about the aesthetic, and since we have never (not once) needed the top carrying capability for added cargo in any of our previous seven X3 models, I'm looking forward to the cleaner lines as well.

Still disappointed about the lack of paint-matched seam in the F97 (and F95 for that matter), yet the F98 (and F96) get that higher-end, finished look. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so not sure how the reasoning went during their design discussions. None of the other Mnfrs' offerings are coupes yet they still have a painted seam.

I priced the parts today at our Parts Dept - less than $400. Next up is to get a quote for the installation and painting of the strips like larsmin did as we're not planning on a DIY. Hopefully he didn't find any issues with paint adhesion given that it is a rubberized type material?

Hoping others share some images of their versions sans rails as well.
Appreciate 2