View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #18
Starz26
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
If you know the dimensions of the stock wheels and tyres, then this resource will enable you to make quick and easy comparisons;
https://www.willtheyfit.com
By experimenting with the numbers you can quickly extrapolate the relationships between the different numbers.

For example 245/50R19 means the tread is nominally 245mm wide and the sidewall is 50% of the width, and it’s a Radial construction tyre designed to fit on a 19” wheel.

The offset (ET or IS number) is the distance from the mounting face of the wheel to the centreline of the wheel, in millimetres.
So an 8” wheel with an ET of 0 would have 4” of backspace behind the mounting face, whereas an ET of 50 (around 2”) would have a backspace of 6” behind the mounting face.

I’m hesitant to go further - don’t want to bombard you with too much info!
All good information, thanks. Its a great starting point..Time to do some in depth reading of my own.

Appreciate all the help and time everyone has put into answer my newbie question.

Those Nokian R2 SUV tires were hard to find too but eventually found them for a great price at tires by web.....Seems the only place in the US that has them at the moment. Still do not know if the quality of the rim I choose is good...This space is not really that transparent IMHO and there are sooo many styles, MFG, etc it is hard to find review of specific items....

Time to stop rambling. Thanks again
Appreciate 0