View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Aaqui
Rep
Drives: X3

Transmission Fault & more

Hi all,

I am from Malta and have taken deliver of my F25 X3 20d around 3 months ago.

Unfortunately I am quite disappointed with my experience so far. The following is a summary of what I have been through so far:

1. The car has developed a "Transmission Fault" twice in these three months (see attached pic). The first time the dealer told me that this was nothing and that a simple restart would clear the error. In fact it does however I am not convinced of this explanation since I believe that something must be causing this fault.

2. From the first day that I took delivery I was hearing a rattling noise on the front right side suspension when going over certain road bumps/potholes (unfortunately the roads in Malta are not that great). After taking it to dealer they said that tightened some bolts (could not believe this!) and that the problem should have been resolved. However, it wasn't so I had to take the car back in and after a couple of days at the dealer they advised that they ordered some parts (I think they said a complete suspension system).

3. The lumbar support on the driver's seat does not work. This first started playing up but now it does not work at all.

The car is now due in at the dealer for the third time in three months on the 4th September.

The car is a joy to drive, however I did not expect all the above problems from my first BMW and quite honestly it ruined all the enjoyment that usually comes with a new car.

I wonder if anyone has experienced similar issues to the above. I am mostly concerned with the transmission fault as this seems to be something electronic related.

Thanks to all for any feedback and BTW great forum.

aaqui
Attached Images

Appreciate 0