07-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #2157
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney058 View Post
usually, maybe. I have test drove also q5 and evoque - somehow door plastics did not cought my attention. I understand this is what was implied by the person who wrote about the quality - it was not an issue for me, so I wanted to understand how the other person perceived 'lower quality'
I doubt it's much of an issue for most people really. You get a warped view on forums but most owners will never go near a forum.

I don't think it should necessarily look premium or luxurious inside in any case. It's not a saloon or a Range Rover and the base model is only about £32k. You have to pay more than a 3 series because it's an xDrive and it's bigger. When you factor that in, the base model is not really in the premium price bracket (hence why some options like xenons and electric seats aren't standard). What gives it a premium price tag is adding £10k worth of options and £6k for a faster engine. If you want to spend that money and get more of a premium feel inside, then perhaps buy an X5 instead.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0