03-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
I also test drove the Macan before buying my X3M. I probably would have gone after the new GTS model if I went the Porsche route, but I found it hard to put these two in the same class. The main reason for that is that the interior size is dramatically less in the Macan. With my height (6'2") there is no way my kids would have fit behind me in the Macan. Not an issue in the X3M. Much more second row room and a lot more cargo area as well. The Macan is more like X1/X2 in interior size.

Then as others have mentioned the tech in the Macan (or any Porsche for that matter) is ridiculously outdated. Plus the base/Bose stereo setups are garbage. Then you have the price. The Macan should be about $10,000 less in each of its iterations, but people don't seem to mind paying the "Porsche Premium." I do as the value just isn't there for me.

I will say that I was very impressed with how the Macan S I drove rode though. Frankly a better daily driver than the X3M. I'm sure if I actually got to drive a Macan GTS with all the suspension upgrades (PASM and all that stuff) I would have been even more impressed. The Turbo was not an option given the price tag.
The PASM is excellent. Like riding on a pillowy cloud on rails lol. As much as I love my tuned F80, I still fight my wife to drive her GTS sometimes.

As others mentioned the tech isn't great, and the utility is really limited, but the growl from the sport exhaust, the PDK, the buttoned up interior, and the air suspension make it an excellent daily.

Love what I've experienced in the X3M so far though. Again, might make it my daily once the F80 lease is up.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0