12-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #18
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
But the real question is.... IRs or XRs
LOL – wasn’t quite sure what you were referencing until Kozzi replied, then did a search for ‘what are IRs and XRs’. Surprising number of accurate hits came up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Nice work. I think the Mercedes-AMG GLA45 would make a good addition. The Audi RS Q3 would also make sense if you are open to including vehicles not sold in North America.
Thanks, mkoesel. I’ve added the two SAVs you referenced to all charts and graph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Thanks for this!
Most welcome, spuntyb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Why not add x5 35i
Would be nice to add all Performance/luxury SAVs, sbinshihon, but I had to draw a line somewhere, so chose to include those near the top of the Mnfrs’ Performance series - apologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
Don't need drugs to to geek out here, especially going 0-60 in under 4 seconds behind the wheel of a whale. Being an enthusiast of high performance SAVs never looked better.
as a footnote to BMW:
Look at the chart above. X3M deserves S58 with 500HP. Thank you.
Thanks for the heads-up re: IRs and XRs, kozzi! And you’re right – this segment of the industry is growing fast as more are looking to combine utility, luxury, and performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Dude, get yourself a girlfriend!
Yeah, not sure my wife would agree… But seriously, this isn’t difficult to do – once the numbers are entered (and that is the only time-consuming part, trying to make sure accurate numbers are quoted), everything auto-calculates. And custom sorting literally takes 5 sec per category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
The interesting thing about this graph is that if you draw the trend line, things above it probably have optimizations allowing it to perform better for having more lbs to lug per hp (friction, transmission/gearing, AWD, tires, launch control etc), those below must have something hindering them or they must be missing optimizations.
That’s the impression I get as well, sor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post
Quick correction on the X5 50i performance.
0-60 4.3
1/4. 12.8 @ 109mph
Car and Driver results.
Thanks – data updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericliuhc View Post
And thank you as well, ericliuhc, and for providing the reference – data updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Max Well...AMAZING
Sincerely appreciate the time and effort; great reference doc.

I just bought a new SQ5 over the X3 40i, primarily because of the air suspension, as the ride quality is far more compliant in "comfort" mode compared to the BMW. Overall performance wasn't as important to me, but the SQ5 still feels explosive, and probably 8/10th's of my M3 in accelerative force. My wife has a 2016 X3 28i, and we love it, but the Audi is just more luxurious, and that's exactly what I wanted for my daily. I digress...
Thanks a million for putting this together and sharing!!!!
And thank you for the kind words, Raikkonen – glad you think it might be helpful!
Appreciate 1
kozzi927.00