SeattleX4MC
White Lightning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
First track day in the books!

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a private track rental at Great Lakes Dragaway hosted by Immigrant Racing League and The Chicago Garage.

Mother Nature was not on our sides and provided toasty temps of 80-85F with a DA of roughly 2600-2800 throughout the day. Not really ideal...

My current setup:
- F80 Paul Stage 1 E60
- RK Tunes front mount intakes
- 21' BC Forged RZ01's with 265/295 Michelin PS4S
- Passenger and rear seats pulled out

My first few runs I needed to feel out the car. The track was very hot and greasy, the prep was meh.

On my initial pass I immediately pushed through the brakes when getting on launch control so I scrapped that run. My tire pressure was roughly 36F & 38R. The car was too gripped up and before I even got to 2000 RPM it was moving over the line. So I upped the tire pressure. I went to 40F & 39R.

Next few runs went much better as you can see on the slips below. The left lane seemed to hold much better than the right so that's what I stuck with most of the day. I adjusted tire pressure one more time since I did not spin and came to my final combo of 43R & 40R which managed to cut me the best 60' of the day.

A lot of people think that you must drop tire pressure at the track but that is not always the case. If you spin like crazy then yes the tires are too inflated and the contact patch is not flat enough to grip. However, if you start pushing through the brakes on the launch or you bog down to the 60' then you should try upping the tire pressure. There is no given rule or magic PSI that works so expect to adjust every time you go to the track. Ambient temps, prep that day, etc all factor into this. It's really an adjust on the fly scenario.

I wanted to record more runs and I typically make a YT video out of the day but I didn't get nearly as much content as I planned. I was having a blast and just wanted to enjoy the day.

I did manage to get some cool photos and record a run with an Audi R8 V10 so I'll drop those below. More track days to come!

Track side:

Staging:

My buddies Stage 2+ X3 M40i:

Best runs:

Awesome write up, stunning car and great 1/4 mile times for sure! Cheers!
This is the direction I am headed with mine, to make a 1/4 mile ripper. Couple of questions:
1. Are you still running the stock exhaust?
2. Have you put your car on a dyno yet?
Appreciate 0