05-04-2022, 01:54 PM   #48
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
Over the weekend I added a few more small detail items which really ties the car together IMO.

- R44 Carbon Mirror caps
I was a little hesitant on these since I haven't heard of R44 before this platform. After a little digging around their products seem to be nice quality so I bit the bullet. Super happy with how these turned out. The weave is perfect, nice rigid quality and the fitment was spot on. I added a few coats of CarPro DLUX to help prevent any clear coat yellowing but really pleased with this. Will have more install photos soon.

- JB Speed Carbon Fiber Roundels
This was another one I was a little hesitant on. After getting them in hand they are solid quality and fitment was spot on. I wanted to try something a little different and while the IND roundels are very nice I didn't want to spend that much money. These were roughly half the cost and I have 0 complaints. I also hit these with CarPro DLUX for a little extra UV protection.

- Alpine White V Brace
I was torn on what color to do the V brace so my starting choice was matching the Alpine White. I ordered High Gloss White from VVIVID which is almost spot on. It's nearly indistinguishable from AW when it's behind the grill. I don't think it's an absolute perfect match so I wouldn't try to match reflectors or anything else that sits right next to paint but it handles my needs perfectly.

I cut the film to roughly 14"x3.5" strips. This allowed me to slightly over lap the first layer so make sure you choose the appropriate starting point so the seam isn't directly on the front. My starting point was closest to the ground which resulted in the overlap being on the backside of the bar out of sight.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YLFQ7W0...roduct_details

Amazing write up and stunning car. May I ask where you sourced the carbon fibre hood and truck emblems?
Appreciate 0