07-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
It matters because if its worth $10k I'd rather sell it and pay off a large part of my student loan.

Since its not real, then yeah, I'll keep it for myself.

I'm not a fan of fakes either, BUT I'll keep it for sentimental value. Its like putting M badges on non-M cars... poser
Well, not that the folks here aren't watch experts or anything, but why not just take it to a jeweler and ask them what it's worth? If they tell you anything more than $10, it's real. Keep it; wear it. Whatever. It's yours to do with as you see fit, that's certain regardless of the watch's authenticity.

It's quite possible for it to be a fake and still be very convincing. Having worked in Shenzhen and bought several fakes to give as stocking stuffers.

You may travel in a di9fferent world than I, but I can safely say I haven't one friend who would buy me a $1000 gift for as anniversary, much less something costing several multiples of that price, although when I made partner, the other partners collectively gave me a very nice gift that was also very expensive, so it's not entirely implausible that one might receive such a lavish gift.

At any rate, enjoy your gift however you like, be it wearing it or selling it.

All the best.

P.S.
I personally wouldn't think you a poser were you to, when asked about it, simply say it's fake. Surely you don't think all the women in the world walking around with costume jewelry on are posing. I don't think a mature person would label you a poser any more than they would their wife wearing such jewelry. After all, only insecure folks and social climbers are even remotely concerned about such things as they pertain to others.

At first blush, yours looks real to me. http://www.watchfreeks.com/97-hublot...-big-bang.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 07-03-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0