United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Yeah, I think it's kind of a rude thing to ask someone why they bought a less expensive car if they are just an acquaintance or something. I might think thoughts like that sometimes about certain cars, but everyone has their reasons.
It's a jerk question BUT The answer must always be; bc its cheaper, whether in the long run with maintenance, gas, repairs or in the short run with a cheaper buy in. Saying reliability is never going to go over well. People will just say, "why not a Honda then" or a million other comments/thoughts.

When people ask what i drive, I mostly ignore the question. I know its rarely coming from a good place. The people that know me, don't need to ask that question. The people that don't really know me, are trying to work a prick angle to break balls or make trouble. People are just nasty.

I work in a business where everyone on the floor can afford BMWs or better... Kid from a recent analyst class mentioned his BMW in conversation and someone senior overheard.. His name is now BMW, non stop ball breaking for the past 2 years. Point is people always look to break balls over owning one of these cars especially if they can bait you into bragging about it.

I hate this thread.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00