View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #352
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

I got some time to drive around with the new software update tonight.

Keep in mind I have my (softer) 20" winter tires on so it's hard to say what is due to the softer rubber vs. the suspension updates but it definitely feels more refined/smoother.

Road imperfections don't come across as dramatic now and the ride is far smoother. I might even say it is too smooth in comfort mode with the winter tires so hoping it is the sweet spot when I put my summers back on.

In addition, it changes gears (from P to R or P to D) much quicker/smoother (so far). I had an issue where it would hesitate for almost 10 seconds at times in my driveway or where it would slam into reverse going from park in the garage. Those have not happened since so hopefully the software update is the resolution.

The full screen CarPlay is also nice - though since I did the brightness mod on my control screen it is now super bright at night with an album showing lol.

Not sure why the dealer took 2 days to program it, but very happy with the results! I'm glad I held out for a software fix rather than a hardware option like MSS springs.
Appreciate 0