Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
I spent the better part of a day at the supersprint headquarters last Friday and got a tour of their factory from the owner. I did not go with their cat-less downpipe but chose their high flow stainless steel catalytic converter downpipe. Stock primary cat on this car is ceramic 600 cells per inch: their's is 200 cells per inch stainless manufactured by a company called HJS in Germany. Their solution did not require me to have the catalytic converter alarms coded out of the engine like you have to do with downpipes. Their cat works well enough to not trigger the errors. And it still frees up the exhaust significantly. The owner is really honest. In the end he reccomended I only change that primary cat and leave everything else stock. He gave bmw credit for a well built exhaust, and this one exhaust mod I did has resulted in a louder, deeper, and better performing exhaust. He also said changing additional components wouldn't really improve performance but would just result it it being louder with a change in pitch. My tuner said the exact same thing. It is my theory that our stock resonator is responsible for significantly lowering the tone of our engine. Acce98 in the forum here introduced me to SuperSprint after he had deleted his secondary cat/opf(they're housed in a single unit in Europe, whereas that same sized unit had only a secondary cat in us spec cars) and resonator (via H-pipe) leaving his primary cat and tailpipes stock. The result is a car that's louder than mine overall (and mine is by no means quiet with the valves open) but higher pitched and much more metallic sounding. You've got to be careful with this six cylinder's sound. I was going to delete my secondary cat and resonator next but called them back and canceled the order. For me, it's perfect now as-is with just the primary cat swap.And the performance? Well, see my other post here about the 612hp beast.......
So because I had a non resonated exhaust on my m3 which was full cat back. It consisted of secondary cat and resonator delete. Stock Downpipes and valve control muffler. It sounded fantastic. Your car sounds great. Wish I could hear it in person. I feel like I will go the full cat back non resonated system from supersprint. The total cost I confirmed is about $4000 with tax. I'm waiting for USA shipment since they do not ship internationally.
Appreciate 0