View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #19
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I feel as though this model might become attractive to enthusiasts if it allowed you to switch at will between a passenger car and a similarly priced SUV.

It seems to me that most people won't be willing to pay such a premium just to be able to swap between a number of different BMWs of different shapes and sizes. However, if the premium were lowered and the terms included the ability to switch from a single coupe/convertible/sedan model of the customer's choice (2/3/4/5/6/7/8 Series + M equivalents) to a single, similarly-sized SAV of the customer's choice (X1/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6/X7 + M equivalents) that might be an attractive arrangement.

This would allow you to, for example, drive the more dynamic car during the warm months and switch to the SAV for the winter. Or, perhaps you'd use the cargo space of the SAV more when going on a trip or during your child's sports season.
That's exactly what it does. The initial pilot pricing was high due to the unknown when it comes to insurance liability. Now that there is a better grasp of what those costs are and the sudden increase in luxury rental choices in Nashville, the price has come down. It's actually much cheaper than Avis, Hertz, Enterprise Exotics, or any of the local private rental companies. I bought (and quickly sold) the only exotic rental company there (at the time) a few years ago for basically nothing, and the model for this is following exactly what I had anticipated for the market.

There's enough cars in the fleet to accommodate a daily swap meaning, one could do an M5/M760i during the week, swap to an X5M if the extra space is needed, then drive an M4 or M6 conv on the weekend.

Just as a comparison, the only Dream Car in Hertz' Nashville fleet is a C63 and with my heavy Corp discount, the lowest I can rent it for is $107.10 per day with full coverage insurance and 75miles/d included.
Appreciate 0