United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
What o2 is missing? We have both primary widebands and secondary o2s installed. Pic of our g80 Dps.
A stock engine is not tuned for a non-catted downpipes output, its looking for specific parameters of post combustion in order to lean/rich the engine, so if its not able to see/hit what it needs to it will just stick to known specs in a safety known spread. Sticking an 02 sensor on it will just throw a CEL which is telling you "its not working properly". I'm not arguing here I'm just stating facts of how these work as an engineer. Putting a bigger mouth on you doesn't mean your lungs can handle more air, they handle as much as they are supposed to in order to work efficiently/properly.

This is the principal of how piggy backs work, they trick the engine into a different scale, you could potentially piggy back the o2 on the downpipes and trick the engine into thinking its operating properly ("DP Fix") these also exists and work better than bungs.

I dont even know where this is going, DP's work better on precision engines when there is a tune involved, otherwise the engine will be out of spec and junk happens. Mid pipes do not alter any thing in the tech chain which is why they produce some actionable results in "newer" engines with tighter tolerances due to smog and emission standards.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13099.50