chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I don't understand - isn't this your dog? Or are you saying that he's still in training, and you'll get him back later?

If so, how long is the training? You said you thought about three months above - I'm guessing that is to date - how much longer till he's done and back?

Are you pleased so far? Was it fairly costly? As you can tell, I've been intrigued by this for a while. Have been thinking a little bit about it in case we get a Shepherd for the next dog, but that is hopefully still another 5 years or so (hopefully).
This is our work dog. He's been in service two years. The officer holding the leash is his current handler. The dog was trained when we bought him. It took about three months for the handler to learn how to use the dog. He goes to continuing training twice a month. I can't remember what it cost us, close to $10k US for the dog. I think we got him from a place in Pennsylvania. All our department has ever had are Shepherds so we don't know anything else. I just help out since I'm familiar with everything.

I have a pet Shepherd at home and she was raised with cats so she acts more like a cat. Yesterday there was a toad in the pile of mulch that I had delivered and instead of digging in the mulch like a normal dog, my Shepherd pounced on it like a cat.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7940.00