03-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
No worries, sir. The more feedback, the better it is. So provide away.

I went with the package because The Power Tailgate and Xenon Headlights are a must for me. So that if you option it separately is $500 and $900 or $1300 in total.

And doesn't the Power Tailgate feature allow you to open and close the trunk with your key fob?

And I want the Comfort Access for the remote start ability, so that when my car isn't in the garage, I can start it from my home, and let it warm up and heat the car for example. And that was another $500 making it $1800.

So the entire package was $1850, so I went with the package instead. Hence, my logic.

BTW - Given you have the sport package, and I'm thinking of getting it as well, I've gotten a lot of pushback from my friends saying that over time it becomes uncomfortable and is harder. I didn't find it that way in my test drives. Any thoughts?
Fair enough, when you factor in the price of individual prices the convenience package does make sense. This was my same rational for cold weather package as the heated front seats and steering wheel is $690 out of $1150 already, though I most likely won't be using the other features.

In regards to the sport package I'm not sure why your friends believe that the package will become uncomfortable overtime as I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the suspension. Although called the sport package it doesn't actually do anything to make the car perform more sporty, it's most notable features are the aesthetics (X Line) and the sport seats. The only package I see affecting the car in terms of performance is the dynamic handling package which allow you to change the damping, tighten steering, and split power to wheels differently.

Last edited by Beyu; 03-15-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0