View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #98
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I think X5M/X6M are just as quick or even quicker, based on this new carwow video.
So I spent some time today running the Sim for the F95 X5MC with it's stated 617HP and 553 lb-ft, Cd 0.38, A 3.0 and weight 5425 lbs. The curve falls below that of the F97 X3MC at our suspected real world values of 550 HP and 500 lb-ft stock. Not by a large amount, but enough you can see the separation, and at 88 sec the X3MC would be about 500 ft or so ahead of the X5MC.

Thinking BMW may have under-rated the F95 and F96 as well if those CarWow numbers are to be believed (we don't know the DA, octane rating, weight as tested, etc) but for the purpose of this discussion let's say they are what a regular production stock one would run in a formal drag strip setting, I then ran the Sim for 650HP and 600 lb-ft.

Bingo. The curves literally super-impose, such that at 88 sec the X5MC is only 30 ft or so in front of the X3MC.

So it'll be interesting to see the first dynos as they come out, and certainly to see some real world stock formal 1/4 mile times for these two new siblings to the F97 and F98, but I suspect 650HP and 600 lb-ft are going to be closer to what we find.

When I get some time I'll post the graph, but as the two curves lay literally on top of one another there isn't much to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasboostF80 View Post
This was from last night, temp was 38 degrees. I just filled the tank and it was full weight. Road isn't the best quality as I found traction issues all over the place. I was sport plus, sport suspension, D3 and mdm. The x3 had 900 miles and is in this morning for its breakin service. I think same road same conditions with launch control I could see bottom 12's.
Thanks for sharing. Although slope is 'invalid' (for what that's worth) and the curves aren't smooth, that is roughly what my two 1/4 mile times in Sport+ showed.

If you get a chance sometime on a fairly level stretch, I'd still be interested to see if my observation of faster time with Comfort/D1 over Sport/D2 holds up on repeated testing. Doesn't make sense to me that it should, and I only had two Sport runs and only one Comfort run with which to compare, so hardly a valid statistical comparison. Would just be interested to see some more runs with those two settings if someone gets a chance and wishes to try.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00