02-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #91
crst4s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I have whatever spec was, I think 38 is accurate.

Mine came with the 21" wheels, sport seats, sun roof, etc so should be pretty much the same weight and driving dynamic as the competition. No spare, but I did put that fancy plug kit in the car. I weight about 220lbs and I had some other misc stuff like 2 cases of dog food and some clothes, etc.

I doubt there is much difference in unsprung weight with the smaller wheels since the overall heights are the same. I think I saw a post where someone weighed 20" snow setup vs 21 factory wheels and they were close to the same.

Either way this car is getting fun the more I get used to it. I had a 330i try to run me from a light today
Car and Driver saw a significant decrease in 0 to 60 on their X3 M40i with a swap to smaller dia., lighter wheels. However, my X3M standard 20's with Pirelli Zeros weighed 67.6 and 71.6 lbs on a bathroom scale. This is actually heavier than the 21's with Contis as weighed by member RGSport (64.5 and 68.5 lbs). Wheel size apart, any performance difference between XM3 Comp and non-comp attributable to the extra top-end 30 hp is likely negligible compared to other variables such as track surface, track/tire/air temp, gas etc. Suffice it to say, both stock comp and non-comp X3Ms appear to be overachievers at the drag strip.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4734.50