View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #1748
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
Some more Excel files. The first attachment is advanced crash safety module. The only option I am aware of people have coded in that module is disabling seat belt reminders. The second attachment includes a bunch of ECUs listed below. They were easy to extract because the number of coding options for these ECUs is rather limited. I don't even know what some of these ECUs are (probably best not to play with them). Here is my understanding based on web searches.
  • AAG = Control unit for trailer hitch
  • AMPT = Audio amplifier
  • ASD = Audio Sound Design
  • ATM = GPS telematic control module
  • EGS = Transmission control module (?)
  • EPS3 = Electric power steering
  • KAFAS4 = Camera Assisted Driver Assistance System
  • LMV2 = Transfer case module (?)
  • RS = ???
  • SAS2 = Steering angle sensor
  • ZBE4 = iDrive controller
ACSM - can do other things like disable or adjust welcome gongs. Turn off seat belt tensioners, cameras at all speeds, etc.

Yes, EGS is transmission.

SAS - where driver assist functions are located. So, you can adjust default ACC+ distance, etc.

Definitely want to be careful playing with DSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
I think I am done extracting. There are only five other ECUs in my car that I have not extracted and I am not sure it's worth doing it. There is DSC (dynamic stability control) and ICAM (windshield camera on the back of the center mirror), which I cannot imagine ever coding due to the risks involved. Then there is FLM and USS--I don't know what those are. Finally, there is SM (seat memory). The driver's seat in my car does everything I need it to do (i.e., adjust depending on who is driving the car), so I have no reason to code anything there. What do you guys think? Are any of the ECU's useful? I've attached the list of coding options for each ECU. Getting the alphabetical list is easy; getting the rest of the information is the time consuming manual part.
FLM is the Front Light Module (ie headlights)

SM: Easy entry, adjust temperature or cooling.
Appreciate 0