View Single Post
      11-13-2018, 08:40 PM   #6
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Glovebox door = 'accessory'...hardly. I've seen several forum posts where Dealers did replace this on out of warranty cars-as best I've seen/read it is a known defect. Seems your dealer is a genuine uncooperative Stealer.

Maybe BMW NA can help, maybe time to speak with the Service Manager or GM.

see post #8-10, 22 &....here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...light=glovebox

(#54 from above thread)
01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 x3 M-sport 3.5i
View My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH64ATK View Post
Seems to a long recurring issue. BMW X3, foam pulls away from plastic door. 3 Months out of warranty and BMW offered nothing to fix the door. What they offered me was a $500 credit if a bought a new BMW by end of March. Seemed like a poor effort, multiple BMW owner. Dealer quoted new door installed for $527. Will try glue first and if that fails will move down path to just order replacement. First time I have really not felt and effort on BMW to keep me as a customer. Will post how glue works.

That is such BS! I bought one new BMW from my dealer, but service both my 340i and x3 3.5 there. When my glove box door separated, out of warranty, it was replaced no questions asked, while I waited for it. Total cost zero. Which is what all dealers should do - this is a known problem and clearly a design flaw. Tell that dealer he lost a sale and go elsewhere if you can. Remember you can buy wherever you get the best price and service the car at the most convenient dealership.

Good luck/Bill
(I repaired my delaminated 'accessory' door on car I purchased from private seller...pretty simple DIY)

Last edited by Wgosma; 11-13-2018 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1