Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
I had Conti DWS in the past and they are AMAZING in the snow. Best all season tire I have ever used in the snow. These were on my Legacy GT. I actually had the DWS tires on when I pulled a Suburban out of a snowy ditch. Was pretty cool. If I was somewhere that had snow on the road frequently I'd go with these in a heart beat.

I think that's a double edge sword though as I ended up ditching the DWS tires since they felt so fluffy and non responsive. I think the softer rubber really killed turn in feel and general handling sharpness. I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and they are nothing short of amazing from a road feel, haven't looked back since. It is hard to tell the difference between them and my dedicated summer rubber. The only draw back is you loose quite a bit in snow performance compared to the DWS tires. But that was a trade off I was very eager to make. Having the A/S 3 on all winter allows me to really still have fun with my vehicle, not neuter it's handling, and most importantly I'm not counting down the days till my summer rubber goes back on. This is for my 335i RWD.

My wife runs Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Ultra High Performance All-Season on her 35i X3 as a replacement for the GY LS2 tires and they are pretty respectable. Not as good in the snow as the DWS tires but they are more responsive when handling on dry pavement. Still feel pretty crisp.
+!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingstar88 View Post
+1
I got the DWS because it provides good buffer when winter season arrives. Depending on how long I have the car for, I might try out the Michelin. It will take long before I get new tires since I got 2 sets lol.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake View Post
Has anyone run these in the snow? I realize they won't be as great as a dedicated snow tire, but I'm wondering how they worked.
Tested these on my RWD Cadillac STS for 2yr in NYC , took off the Goodyear LS2 and swapped for DWS and amazing! So far was able to test it in the pouring rain we had last weekend as well as major puddles where the RFT would just not feel stable or confident. DWS > Goodyear LS2 for sure.

I was thinking of sticking with RFT and getting the RE960AS I had in my 3 series but it drove on rails so said no and the rating in TR are horrible (they don't seem to lie). Last option was the Michelin Primacy MXM4 ZP (comes in RFT and non-RFT flavor) but after finding an amazing deal on the DWS i couldn't say no to something I had proven already.

Like n55x3 prefers the A/S 3 as I know others that do due to its top notch handling performance, i am not willing to give up my snow performance just yet but i think since we have X3 xDrive it might be able to do just fine in the snow. Let's see how it plays, as my friend has A/S 3 but already had to replace them during the first year due to bubbling and he loves it but says tread wear is pretty high as well.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1