View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

The X3 is much quieter overall than typical, however there is noticeable wind noise in the side mirror gusset area. When driving in rain I can see the flow recirculate in that area, so it’s a very obvious source of aero noise. If that one noise source could be eliminated nobody would need or care about the acoustic glass.

Supposedly you can order the acoustic glass as an option now in the US. Previously it wasn’t available in our market but was outside the US. So if it’s important to you, special order your X3 and make sure that’s an option.

We just had a 2018 Ford Edge titanium as a rental for a week, and I was both surprised at how decent it was and disappointed at all the rough edges. It felt more like an appliance than a car. Ford makes a decent car but they still fall short of Honda and others in the mainstream market when it comes to overall driving experience and enjoyment. I think what would most set the X3 apart from the Edge would be interior quality and the rewarding driver experience.
Appreciate 1