View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #50
JDBrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post

Can I speculate that maybe some people buy this car expecting it to be super fast because it has a decent engine in it and therefore it should be able to get out in a gap which isn't really suitable? Then they complain that it should be able to make up for their poor judgement because they have just put themselves in that situation. This is not aimed at anyone I just don't get it. My car is quick for an almost 2 tonne SUV, but I certainly don't think I'm in a sports car.
Its not about being quick. Its about consistency. When I push on the throttle from a stop (or even when rolling), I should know what the vehicle is going to do. Some times mine goes, sometimes it waits 2-3 seconds (or more) and then goes. Being quick is not the issue at all. Its about predictability. I knew when getting this it wasn't a sports car, but it should be more reliable to do what I tell it to do. But this is a forum and I appreciate your feedback, I love this type of conversation! Likely what those of us who commented should have been more clear on (at least for me) is it isn't about speed. Its about the lack of predictability of the throttle when you need it to be reliable. Across the spectrum of speed, its about being able to rely on the vehicle doing what you ask when you do. No matter how fast it does it. :-)
2018 RRS Autobiography - Fuji White (Sold)
2016 BMW M2 - Long Beach Blue (Sold)
Appreciate 0