02-28-2019, 07:58 PM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclimax13 View Post
So far I love this vehicle. I've had so much enjoyment driving it and discovering all the hidden features and tricks it has. But I have some complaints.

1. The autozoom feature during navigation is awful. It zooms out way to far. I've had to leave it in manual zoom. Hopefully Bmw fixes this in an update.

2. Can't receive text in a $60,000 vehicle??? I've read that this can easily be enabled but with so many other cars that do this including my previous, this should be standard.

3. Wind noise seems to be excessive.

4. No track forward or reverse on the steering wheel. This should be on every wheel. Luckily I was able to assign a gesture to do this.

5. No spare really limits my choice of tires when they need to be replaced. Will have to stick with rft's.

6. No remote start feature. Could have at least given the ability to turn on the rear defrost, heated seated and heated steering wheel from the app.

Now the list of things I love would be obnoxiously long so I'll end it here. What's on your hate list?
1. Never noticed
2. I receive all text just fine via CarPlay. You must use Android?
3. Never noticed
4. The scroll function is infinitely more useful than just track skip
5. You should have ordered the spare option, it’s like $300
6. I guess this is good? GM cars have had it for 10+ years, always seemed like a waste of gas to me. I live in Texas, so I suppose I don’t need this?

My only gripe: no auto-stop/start when in Sport Mode. If the M3/M4 can do ASS in any mode, why can’t an X3?
Appreciate 2