03-26-2020, 04:18 PM   #11
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I recently moved from Boston to Florida and immediately tinted all my windows. The shop convinced me to do a windshield tint as well. I was skeptical but I did it. And I'm happy I did.

My X4 sits outside all day and bakes, but when I get in, it needs only 30-60 seconds on Max A/C and then I'm comfortable to go to normal A/C. I didn't understand how much the tints helped until I got a loaner without tints while my car was in the shop. It was almost unbearable getting into the loaner after it sat out in the sun for a while.

So I'd recommend trying the all-around tinting. Hopefully, like me, you won't have to bother with one of the fold-out windshield shades.
I did the same on both my X6s (both with HUD). Those things were like the surface of the sun before getting the tint+windshield film put on. I drove those cars for a total of 8y in Austin and never felt the need to put on a sunshade.

I haven't done my new X4 yet; I haven't felt like parting with the $$$ yet. I was getting annoyingly hot on my last drive to San Antonio though, so I think its time.

I think I'm going to have to tint the sunroof this time since its cover is like a micron thick.

Interesting fact: if your windshield has to be replaced by the insurance company, they will pay to replace the film too. They've done it for me at least 2x.
Appreciate 1
hinckley3492.50