Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOT1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Maybe some can chime in on this but it's my understanding that the Competition is purely a tune adjustment in terms of the hp gain and any piggyback installed isn't adding their claimed gains on to the 503 hp but adding onto the base 473hp of the core model.

Thoughts?
Most who have dyno'd the X3MC are showing 540-550hp stock (well above the obviously underrated claims by BMW), so JB4's claims of 60+hp or 600-610hp seems very realistic compared to the numbers produced from the other piggyback tunes.

I too am more concerned with the "easy install" claim, as the videos I've seen with other piggybacks show this is NOT an "easy" install on the S58, and probably takes 45-60+ minutes.
I was under the impression that the piggybacks negated the Competition's enhanced HP over the core.

I agree with you on the install...in using the Racechip, I will need to hire someone to install it for me. I just do have the time of tools to do it correctly. My past piggybacks were always done within 10 to 15 mins. This S58 is not going to be the same.
https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...b4_install.pdf
Hmm, that looks similar installation to the 1 hour install RaceChip.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0